Monday, April 15, 2013

Puzzles and More Than Setting a Lineup Card

It was raining and gloomy today so I stayed home and watched a Sunday worship service on TV from a church that is filled with white hair and lots of empty pews but a wonderful organist and a good message that I want to pass on to all of you.  The topic of the sermon was being willing to pray for others and when we don't know exactly how to express that prayer.  The pastor suggested that we say the 23rd psalm and insert that person's name in that psalm. What a simple thing to do but a very effective way of expressing our prayer for that individual!   The sermon also reinforced the importance of prayer requests for others which we should continue to do.  We know that prayers for others are important and I encourage you all to share your requests so we can all include them in our prayers.

Love you all.

Mom (Honey)

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my d shepherd; I shall not e want.

2 He makes me lie down in green f pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.

3 He g restores my soul.
He h leads me in i paths of righteousness
for his j name's sake.


4 Even though I k walk through the valley of l the shadow of death,
I will m fear no evil,
for n you are with me;
your o rod and your staff,
they comfort me.


5 You p prepare a table before me
in q the presence of my enemies;
you r anoint my head with oil;
my s cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall t dwell in the house of the Lord
u forever.

I came across this the other day when praying for some of the kids on my team and what do you know you send me this email!  When I was praying I said things like, "I don't know what to pray for and I don't know my motive, but please see what's on my heart because I don't know how to say or what to say."  God's will be done, not ours.
I also met with one of the dad's that helps me coach the 10U's today for lunch.  I knew he had done some youth coaching before but didn't know the extent.  Turns out coaching was what was his income as he went through med school.  He's in his 40's or 50's but you can tell he was (and actually still is) a heck of an athlete.  He shared some great wisdom on coaching this age group that I wouldn't have considered.
I'm glad I'm replying all to this message because its a great way to share God's work in my life with my family.  I told Honey the other day to please pray for me and my teams because I was feeling like I wasn't getting something done or doing something right.  I didn't know what that something was and to say its one thing would be foolish.  Pieces of the puzzle were either missing or in the wrong place.  I believe in God's plan for my life and that He's with me every step of the way and this email Honey sent out is another example of how God is trying to refine me.
Love you all!  Sorry I've been out of touch but this is even crazier than last year with all the responsibilities that have been added to my position.
Rob
P.S.  I think I'll add this to my blog that I haven't been adding to in sometime.  Been one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment