Friday, January 16, 2009

Interesting Day

Quite a day indeed. Sports seem to have picked up since I've started writing this here ole blog, Dallas sports at least. Let's run down what news we got today:
  1. Brian Stewart fired (Cowboys Def. Coordinator)
  2. Mavericks trade Diop for Matt Carroll and some other 7ft looser
  3. Jason Garrett might be going to St. Louis (he's on his way, probably there now, but it has to do with employment)
Bout time we kicked Stewart's ass out of Dallas. He sucked! Just goes to show you how much potential and talent this team has when Wade Phillips took over the defense.

Diop for Matt Carroll?? Questionable though it does save some money in the long run. Longer contract, contract decreases in value as the years go on when Diop's increases. Carroll is supposed to be a great 3 point shooter though his 3pt. % is a quite a bit down this year. I'm thinking Wally Szcerbiak? Maybe?? I'll take a Kidd dish out to a wide open Czcarbiak.



Send the 7 footer to Shawn Bradley day camp.

I've always hoped Jason Garrett would get hired elsewhere. Good for him. I didn't want him to necessarily go because he was a bad coach though I questioned him this year. I was really just hoping he'd go to shake things up in Dallas. After this last season it needed to happen. Hopefully the Cowboys gained something by being forced to subtract something. Is that going to be Mike Shanahan or Gruden? I don't know. They need to demote Wade to D-Cor. I don't think even Wade thinks he could do much better. "Wade, we are still paying you butt loads of money, just focus on the defense from here on. We're bringing in Mike."

1 comment:

  1. As of now, I'm withdrawing my previous statements on the 7ftr. I shall refer to him from here on out as Ryan Hollins.

    ReplyDelete