Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome!

It is way easier to think of something to write about when you have something nagging at you. For instance, just today I could have written probably ten good 100-200 word posts with all the crazy Rangers' Young issues, the Mavericks trade rumors, my frustrations at work, my sense of accomplishments at work, my take on fantasy basketball or just my distaste for the game going on right now (remember, I said ten).

Dirk is a great shooter. I may be one of the only people left in Dallas that still believes the Jason Kidd - Devin Harris trade was good for the Mavericks. Almost a year later, it still seems like you can't have a basketball conversation with anyone and not hear someone talk about how bad the Mavs got screwed. All the arguments you hear are statistics based, thank you Billy Beane (random baseball reference, get it?) , and not enough substance. Now where have I heard that before... anyways.

Here's why I like it:

1. The Mavericks have Dirk. You now have a veteran guy, whom I believe could play 5 more productive years though maybe years 4 and 5 could back up, that is one of the smartest players in the history of the game. He hustles, gets people the ball, can hit the occasional wide open three, and will be a great teacher to a young Maverick point guard (my favorite 0f all).

2. Summer of 2010... Kidd has an expiring contract of $22 million. That puts the Mavericks in a great situation to sign a big name or two and perhaps Kidd again during that summer.

The list includes: LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh (from Dallas), Amare Stoudamire and a couple other big names.

I hope they bring Kidd back to a smaller contract.

3. Free agency in general. Can anyone deny the way Mark Cuban treats his players. Didn't you see him at Dirk's MVP award acceptance? Have you heard about the Xbox's and flat screens in the lockers? Is that for real???

Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitski have way more pull on free agents because of the respect they have around the league. Jason Kidd was a true leader for Team USA when they finally prevailed and won the gold.

Hotty Totty! Let's Go Mavericks! Rangers - go sign Ben Sheets!

No comments:

Post a Comment